Redesigning Rose is finished. It’s in various stages of production, including available for sale at Amazon and Kobo, is in the process of uploading to Kobo, and the paperback is awaiting a cover tweak before final processing.
So, what’s a girl to do one’s she’s shoved her baby into the world to sink or swim?
1. Watch Amazon sales go from zero to one (the one being the copy I purchased this afternoon so I would have one. Okay, it was also to make sure the sales reporting system worked and maybe a smidgen to check how quickly the sales figure updated.)
2. Refresh my Kobo Writing Life page enough times to warrant a system meltdown.
3. Debate how many times is reasonable to post about my book on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest.
4. Have another celebratory cocktail.
5. Call my mom and moan that I have no sales.
6. Write a blog post about the writing/publishing process. Sneak in the words “Redesigning Rose.”
7. Alienate a few more friends when I link the blog post to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest.
8. Hope the rest of my friends will stick with me for the rest of this week. I have no self-control.
9. Can I pay someone to buy the book?
10. Check Kobo again.
11. Re-read lovely reviews and kind words early readers have written.
12. Realize not everyone will love it.
13. Nibble my thumbnail and worry about inevitable negative reviews.
14. Down cocktail and pour another.
15. Maybe I can gift a few copies?
16. Walk away from the laptop. Walk away!
17. Pick up smart phone.
18. Consider moving to the middle of the forest.
19. Wonder if picking up the next manuscript will help.
20. Is it worth the agony of writing another if no one wants this one?
21. Do I have any sales yet?