You’re finished! Your book baby is done. You’ve slaved for months, years, decades, and now you’re ready to go. But are you?
There’s only one way to find out: An unbiased manuscript critique.
My services include:
- An unbiased, honest opinion of your work.
- Discussion of what I loved about your manuscript.
- Discussion of what I liked about your manuscript.
- What I wish had been included or omitted in your manuscript.
- Comments on plot, characterization, dialogue, setting, and theme.
- Suggestions about what I think might strengthen it.
- Identification of issues such as repetition, timeline troubles, clichés, show vs tell, and anything else that jumps out at me, but I do not edit or proofread for critiques.
- A write-up of approximately 1000-1500 words for a full length manuscript (85,000-120,000 words). I do not mark up manuscripts for critiques. Contact me to inquire about developmental editing if you are looking for a more in-depth analysis of your work.
A manuscript critique does not include:
- Providing solutions – I may include suggestions.
- Forwarding your work to publishers.
- Your work is your work. Copyright is always yours.
- I may love your work but cannot guarantee that others will.
- I cannot guarantee you will be published.
- Your privacy and confidentiality will remain respected at all times.
- All communication is via email.
- I reserve the right to return your manuscript with a full refund if I am unable to complete your critique.
- I will respond to a few questions beyond the critique about your work, but am unable to engage in a lengthy conversation.
- If prices are raised I will honor the price agreed upon.
- All services are non-refundable.
- Work begins when the payment is received.
Send an email to email@example.com with a synopsis of your manuscript, word count, and the first 10 pages. I will reply with brief feedback so you can see how I work. My specialty is women’s fiction and chick lit, however I am open to other genres. If I do not feel I am a good fit for your manuscript or am booked for the time you require a critique, I can suggest other individuals who offer similar services.
I look forward to helping make your manuscript the best it can be!
Contact me today!